I identify myself as a New Formalist poet and a writer. I write in three languages: Russian, English, and Polish. I also enjoy different types of translation: technical, literary, and my favorite software localization.
- Master degree in Journalism at Penza State Teaching Training University, 2004- 2011
- Newspaper production course at Municipal Professional Training Interschool Centre #6, 2002-2004
Friends over Lovers is my debut poetry collection where modern themes meet rhythmic traditional form. It is a personal story about an abandoned personality trait. Friends over Lovers is also a story about recognizing your patterns and breaking free. Most certainly it is about friendship that feels safe and love that tastes like danger.
More poems, fiction, and non-fiction stories are available on MEDIUM.
Find me on GOODREADS, where I post reviews on the numerous books I read.
Here are the latest interviews with me.
Anna Shtorm was born in Leningrad, USSR in 1987. She moved to the city of Penza at the age of 4 when her mother left her father. At this age, she was already encouraged to write poems by her grandmother ...
From opening Friends Over Lovers, Anna Shtorm talks about how friends over lovers is a counter-dependant behaviour some endure and that it’s important to recognise one's patterns to break free ...
What inspires me? I combine my never ending love for rhymes with everyday observations. It’s little things in life that could sum up a joyful experience or make you feel like nothing makes sense ...
Here are the visual performances based on my poetry.
- Creator of Polish subtitles for the film “Road to Roubaix”, International film festival “Bike days“, Wroclaw, Poland, 2014
- Guest author on “Vie hebdomadaires” project, Saint Petersburg, Russia, 2011
- Journalist in Szczecin in Progress magazine December 2011- April 2012, Szczecin, Poland
- Translator in Toys “R” Us October 2011- April 2012, Szczecin, Poland
- Freelance Translator March 2009 – present
- Journalist in “Details” magazine January 2005 – May 2006, Penza, Russia
- Journalist in “Fifth corner” newspaper September 2002 – May 2004, Penza, Russia